Search My Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

A quick and healthy dinner idea using Jus Roll pastry.

I thought I would share with you something which is rather yummy! I like to include lots of vegetables!
You can easily change the toppings you use on this. It's like a pizza but a lot yummier! You could serve with a nice salad, jacket potatoes or even home made chips!

You will need:
  • Jus Roll puff pastry
  • Baking sheet
  • Small amount of oil
  • Herbs
  • Tomato puree
  • A choice of toppings (sweetcorn, ham, peppers, tomatoes, chorizo, mushrooms)
  • Cheese
  • A little milk and a pastry brush
First I un-roll the pastry and lay it on a greased baking sheet and spread a think layer of tomato puree onto leaving about 2 cm gap around the edge. This will create a lovely crispy edge. 

I then chop up all the toppings. I have found it's best to cook the sweetcorn before using it as it lets out a lot of water and this makes the base soggy. Then, I start to layer the toppings onto the base. Once all the toppings are on the base, I then sprinkle a little cheese over the top.

Chorizo, sweetcorn, green pepper and plum tomato


Ham, green pepper, sweetcorn and plum tomato
I use a little milk on a pastry brush and start to brush it around the edge of the pastry, this will give it a nice golden colour.

Then I put it into the oven on gas mark 7 for about 18 - 20 minutes or until the pastry edges have turned golden.

Once it's cooked I like to sprinkle it with some ripped basil and serve it warm. This can also be enjoyed cold.




No comments: