Search My Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

Chicken Pox

From the title of this post you can guess what it's going to be about.
Yes, thats right Jack has chicken pox!
I first saw a few spots on his back after we came pack from a trip to the farm park. At first I thought it might have been insect bites. I didn't think any more of it until the morning when there seemed to be more spots on his back. Obviously he couldn't go to nursery and I needed to be at work; luckily my mum was off for Easter. I left him to go to work and when I came back it was clear he did have chicken pox! Overnight they seemed to spread, all over his back, tummy and on his face and hair.
Jack calls them his spots; which I think is quite cute. I have started putting calamine on them to get him used to me touching him with the cream. We are now just waiting for them to pop. I am not sure how long they stay blistered for. I have calamine & glycerin cream and Eurax ready for when they do pop!
Poor little boy. I can't believe he gets them over Easter; but in a way I am glad he has them now as it's out of the way!