Search My Blog

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Very Lazy; Posh Sausage Casserole Review

Very Lazy; Posh Sausage Casserole cooking concentrate
Have you ever come home from a long day at work and wondered what to cook for dinner? You obviously want to eat something healthy and something which won't take forever to cook as you have tired and hungry little ones. Look no further; why not cook a Posh Sausage Casserole?
Very Lazy have come up with a fantastic solution. They have done all the preparation for you; all you need to do is add the sausages and an onion then add the jar of cooking concentrate.
All you need is sausages, an onion and a jar of Very Lazy cooking concentrate
I was a little unsure that this would taste nice and cook in one hour. After all, I didn't make the sauce or add the flavour. Well, I tested it out one evening when I returned home from work and Jack was tired and hungry after a long day at nursery. I set to work to prepare something yummy!
Start time: 6:10pm
I started by frying the sausages in a little oil until they turned golden brown. I then chopped and fried the onion until soft.
Onions and sausages sizzling in the pan!
Once the onion and sausages have been cooked I then transferred them into a small casserole dish. I added the jar of sauce plus the same jar full of water, put the lid on the casserole dish and popped it in the oven. 

Sausage casserole before going in the oven
While this was cooking I went and bathed Jack. The hour flew by and when we were done we came downstairs to a wonderful smelling sausage casserole. I popped a bag of microwaveable rice in for a minute while the casserole cooled. I served it with rice as I thought this was a lighter and quicker option; you could serve it with whatever you fancied. I even sprinkled a little parsley on the top to give it the posh restaurant look!
Finish time: 7.20pm
This cooking concentrate surprised me. I thought it would be bland with no flavour or to over powering. I will eat my words; this was one of the best cooking sauces I have ever used! It was truly a Very Lazy way to cook a sausage casserole; but didn't skip the lush flavour. I will defiantly be buying more of these cooking concentrates.