Search My Blog

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Cheesecake.... Yummy!!

For a week I have been wanting to make my own cheesecake. Well, today I thought I would give it a go.
I melted the butter and chucked in the crushed digestive biscuits and mixed it around. Pushed the biscuits into the tin and then popped it into the fridge to cool. I then went on to make the cheese top. I used a family sized pot of philadelphia, icing sugar, lemon juice and caster sugar. Mixed it until fluffy and spread on the top of the biscuit base. The whole thing went into the fridge and will remain in there for 2/3 hours; ready for pudding tonight.

-----------------------

Recipe for lemon cheesecake.


INGREDIENTS

110g digestive biscuits
50g butter
25g brown sugar
350g cream cheese (full fat, I use Philadelphia)
75g castor sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 3 lemons (you need about 6 tablespoons)
150ml double cream (optional)

METHOD

1. Crush the biscuits thoroughly to fine crumbs.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and mix in the crushed biscuits and brown sugar.
3. Press into an 8 inch loose bottomed cake tin (I have found it much easier to turn out using one of these).
4. Chill in the fridge while you make the topping.
5. Beat together the cream cheese, castor sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
6. Whip the double cream until you have soft peaks.
7. Mix together the cream cheese mixture and the cream.
8. Spread over the base and chill for a couple of hours.
9. Enjoy!

No comments: