Search My Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Our trip to see In The Night Garden Live!

Today me and Jack finally got to go and see In The Night Garden Live at Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham. I think I was more excited than Jack was!
I planned to get up at 6:30am to miss the rush hour traffic and get good seats. But.... my alarm clock didn't go off for some reason; and I woke up at 8:06am! The show was due to start at 9:30am and we live just over an hour away from Birmingham! I didn't even have chance to look at the directions I had printed out the night before (thank god I did!)
I have never go ready so quickly in all my life! I even managed to slap a bit of make up on! Jack was still half asleep when I was getting him dressed (I bet he was wondering why I was rushing around!) After making a bottle and chucking god knows what into my Yummy Mummy changing bag; we were off at 8:20am (Great! Going to hit school and rush hour traffic!)
Luckily, it was "our day" and we didn't hit as much traffic as I thought we would! We arrived at Cannon Hill Park for 9:20am, and took a very quick walk to the show dome! I was so worried we would have really rubbish seats; but honestly where ever you sat you could see the stage (obviously it would have been lovely to sit near to the front). We just sat down and the show began!
I don't think Jack realised what was actually happening; but as soon as the music started and Iggle Piggle came bouncing onto the stage; he smiled! I have never seen him so excited and happy! I don't think he could quite believe we had actually "gone" to the night garden and all his favourite characters were right in front of him! I loved seeing his little face watching the show! I quite enjoyed it myself. 
Just after we arrived!
The show itself was well structured and we saw all the characters. Images were projected onto the walls of the dome to give the feel that you were actually in the garden with Upsy Daisy and Iggle Piggle. There were lights which stayed on during the show as some children can be scared of the dark (I know Jack is) and this made the atmosphere relaxed.
It was quite hard to get pictures as Upsy Daisy, Iggle Piggle and Makka Pakka were dancing and running about. I managed to get a few and I will share them with you. 
There are two different shows to choose from. Today we saw was the 'Ninky Nonk Show' and we will be going back next Wednesday 20th October to see the 'Pinky Ponk Show'! Each show follows a different story and lasts for just over an hour (perfect time before children start to get wriggly!) I can't wait to go back next week!
I would recommend taking your little one to a show like this; it was perfect for Jack's age. There was only 13 rows of seating, each row was higher than the one in front and no pillars or anything to block the view of the stage. The seating was like benches rather than individual seats. which meant there was room for the little ones to stand up and dance! 
Iggle Piggle
Upsy Dasiy, Iggle Piggle and the Tombliboos!
Upsy Daisy
Iggle Piggle and Upsy Daisy riding on the Pinky Ponk
Upsy Daisy and Iggle Piggle holding hands!
The gang!
Everyone asleep!