Search My Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Why is it so hard to find a job?

Hi everyone.
I am looking to go back to work now Jack is almost 2, but it seems people only want evening and weekend work for a part-time position! That's just not practical for me! I went for an interview on the 3rd September for a well known pet store; but haven't heard anything from them since. It was the ideal hours; I have since rang them and they have told me 'we want to employ you but are not sure if we can offer you 16 hours or more'. Since that phone call I have heard nothing! Should I call them again? I don't want to seem like I am bothering them. This is when I wish I had the another parent living with me or close by so I could call upon them to look after their child while I go out and work!
I am sick of struggling on benefits; and people making the assumption I either have loads of money because I am on benefits or I am to lazy to work - neither are true!
I feel so small going out into the big work world as a single parent.
Am I asking for to much? I need over 16 hours to make it worth my while (tax credits mostly for childcare) and I would like hours during the day. I don't think I am asking to much; but what I do know is I WANT TO WORK!! :-)
Does anyone have any good sites which advertise part-time jobs?